What Sets BMCE Apart
Our firm is focused on providing creative solutions and practical advice that will add value to your project, whether large or small. Our designs are innovative, logical and specific to your needs and we make intelligent decisions with respect to your capital investment in the project. When you consider that engineering design typically represents only 1-2% of the overall lifecycle cost of a project, the investment in a solid engineering design solution may significantly reduce the total lifecycle costs of your project.
Life Cycle Costing has proven that decisions made today have the ability to greatly impact future expenditures. When considered during design, costs like maintenance, energy and operations are significantly lowered if planned for in advance. It is for this reason that BURNS MAENDEL CONSULTING ENGINEERS LTD. adds the greatest value when brought in at the earliest stages of your project.
Partners of our Firm
DANIEL BURNS, P.ENG., CEO
Originally from Starbuck, Manitoba, Daniel Burns received his undergraduate degree from the University of Manitoba in 1997 and graduated with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering. He has worked in both the construction and consulting engineering industries and now leads the Municipal Engineering department at our firm.
Daniel’s focus consists of subdivision design, drainage design, wastewater management, water supply and land development. Daniel Burns is a member of the Brandon Chamber of Commerce and enjoys living outside Brandon with his family. He is currently licensed as a Professional Engineer to practice in the provinces of Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
DANIEL BURNS, P.ENG.
MICHAEL MAENDEL, P.ENG., PRESIDENT
Michael Maendel was raised in the Westman Area where he currently resides. He worked as a project manager in the heavy civil construction industry for many years prior to pursuing his engineering career.
He received his post-secondary education at the University of Manitoba and graduated from the Faculty of Engineering in 1997 with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering. He entered the consulting field immediately upon his graduation and gained broad experience and exposure to many industries in his consulting career.
Michael is the head of the Structural Department at our firm and his current field of practice focuses on building design and structural design. He is currently licensed as a Professional Engineer to practice in the provinces of Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta.
MICHAEL MAENDEL, P.ENG.
WE ARE REGISTERED MEMBERS OF THE FOLLOWING ORGANIZATIONS:
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Manitoba
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta
- Association of Consulting Engineering Companies | Manitoba
- Association of Consulting Engineering Companies | Canada
- Construction Association of Rural Manitoba | CARM
- Brandon Chamber of Commerce
FOR ADDITIONAL LINKS RELATED TO ENGINEERING:
- The Canadian Society for Civil Engineering
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers
- Engineers Canada
- Manitoba Government
- Certified Technicians and Technologists Association of Manitoba
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Canadian Standard Association
- The Construction Safety Association of Manitoba