Junior Structural EngineerBack to Careers
Junior Engineer (Structural) Level E2
Burns Maendel Consulting Engineers Ltd. (BMCE) is an innovative and entrepreneurial organization built on the expertise of our team. We are committed to attracting and retaining the best employees to ensure we meet our clients’ needs. Our employees enjoy competitive salaries, health benefits and work within a dynamic environment. BMCE recognizes that the continued success of our firm is dependent upon the capabilities and self-motivation of our people and therefore encourages and supports the continuous growth and development of our employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assists Project Engineer in obtaining new Projects
- Assists Project Engineer to outline project methodology by ensuring all aspects of the project are discussed.
- Assists in the coordination of pricing, estimating, scoping and marketing strategies for proposed projects.
- Works closely with Project Engineer to prepare proposals for potential Structural Engineering projects.
- Generates project budgets and schedules for review by Project Engineer.
- Reviews all documents related to the assigned project with Project Engineer.
- Meets with Project Engineer and Client’s where appropriate.
- Assists in the preparation of engineering agreements and contracts for projects within the department.
Analysis, Design and Project Coordination
- Assists the structural project engineer in the analysis and design of various buildings and structures utilizing structural design software or hand calculations as appropriate to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Works with project design team which includes junior to senior structural engineers and technologists to complete and review construction drawings.
- Perform calculations for submission and review with the Project Engineer.
- Works closely with Technologists during the generation of project drawings and specifications.
- Reviews structural/building drawings for accuracy and completeness prior to being presented to Project Engineer.
- Prepare contract documents and specifications as requested by Project Engineer.
- Creates tender documents as required.
- Generates preliminary and final reports for projects as assigned by Project Engineer.
- Meets with the Project Team and Client’s where appropriate.
Project Management Services
- Prepares and monitors project budgets for smaller, less complex projects.
- Assists in the development of probable construction cost estimates for projects within the department.
- Complete site visits and field inspections on projects as requested by the Project Engineer.
- Performs project management services on projects as required.
- Liaison all necessary information to the client as well as the Project Manager.
- Create and maintain a positive working relationship with clients, government agencies, contractors and BMCE team members to ensure that projects run smoothly.
- Assists in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects.
- Attends client meetings as required based on project schedule.
- Reviews construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents.
- Serves as onsite project representative.
- Visits construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents.
- Completion of internal forms and documents
- Takes active role in business development
- Develop and pursue a plan for personal and professional growth
- Responsible for job specific quality system tasks as defined in quality manual.
- Records notes during client meetings.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university. Summer work experience in the engineering field or co-op experience would also be an asset.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid driver’s license
- Registered as an Engineer-in-training with the Engineers and Geoscientists Manitoba (EGM) or similar provincial association regulatory body.
Position Duration: Permanent Full Time
Location: Brandon, MB
Rate of Pay: The successful candidate will be remunerated based on their skills and experience.
Closing Date: September 25, 2020
Applicants should submit a resume for consideration to:
Burns Maendel Consulting Engineers Ltd.
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
1331 Princess Avenue
Brandon, MB R7A 0R4
Or email to: email@example.com and reference “Junior Structural Engineer” in the subject