Commercial Site DesignBack to all Projects
BMCE teamed up with Ben Wiebe Construction to develop a new truck service and repair facility on Highway #1 in Brandon, Manitoba. BMCE developed a site plan for the proposed facility based on the client’s needs and input. Since the development was within the highway control zone, BMCE worked closely with the owner, the City of Brandon and Manitoba Infrastructure and Transportation (MIT) in order to obtain all approvals prior to construction. The task items for this project consisted of the following:
• Reviewed applicable by-laws and as-built drawings for surrounding infrastructure,
• Generated a site plan complete with preliminary sewer and water servicing,
• Submitted proposed plan to the City of Brandon and MIT for review and approval,
• Reviewed existing land drainage patterns on and off site,
• Finalized site design by completing grading, drainage, landscape and servicing plans, and
• Performed construction inspections and provided project certification.