Culvert ReplacementBack to all Projects
During the 2011 spring flooding in Southwestern Manitoba, many municipalities were faced with washed out roads, culverts and bridges. BURNS MAENDEL CONSULTING ENGINEERS was retained by a local municipality to inspect deteriorating bridges and culverts, design repairs and provide construction oversight. This project was located just south of Brandon.
- Completed a topographical survey of the road, ditch and stream bed
- Uploaded survey data and created a 3D existing ground model
- Calculated hydraulic loading on existing culverts
- Calculated hydrologic analysis of area drainage basin
- Designed new culverts and guard rail c/w construction drawings and details
- Completed construction inspections and responded to contractor inquiries