Structural Assessment & RemediationBack to all Projects
When a vacant building partially collapsed in downtown Brandon, BURNS MAENDEL CONSULTING ENGINEERS was retained to complete a structural assessment of an adjacent building sharing a party wall with the collapsed structure. Preliminary findings determined that this building, which was also vacant, had experienced significant water damage. It was decided that temporary structural repairs be completed in order to maintain the structural integrity of the building.
- Completed a structural condition assessment and designed structural upgrades, as required, to stabilize the structure
- Designed temporary shoring for the damaged exterior wall
- Designed structural upgrades for primary structural framing
- Designed roof repair details
- Provided structural management services to execute the structural remediation